Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wire Hanger Christmas Tree

Spending time crafting is often a wonderful release.  This is my latest creation.  inspired by my neice who made one with her girl scout troop...

Needed:
  • 6 Wire Hangers
  • Lots of twist ties, string or pipe cleaners (I cut my pipe cleaners in to quarters)
  • More than 50 ft of christmas garland (I used two to cover the hangers adiquatly)
  • A string of christmas lights
  • Christmas ornaments to your taste.

First I layed out the hangers in sets of two.  Line up the end of the hanger together with the hooks facing up and touching the bottom of the hanger.  tie the top together and the hooks to the bottom. Repeat to complete three sets of hanger pairs.

Next slide one set of hangers through the center of another to create a plus shape then slide the third set through where the feet are even and all the tied toghether tips are lined up together... the result looks like this.



Then, run  your lights up and down each hanger (or wrap them around like garland).  I tied mine down with twist ties to ensure they maintained thier placement.  Result should look something like this.



After the lights are secured.  Wrap the garland in circles around the hangers ensuring to cover the hangers completely. I started from the top tieing them down then worked my way down. 

Finally, decorate with your selected ornaments... Mine looked like this once it was completed. 


For the garland I used a green tree and an icy one to give it a snowed on effect.  I rather love how this turned out and it sits on the table in my entry way :)

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment